I got read: No.2 (mildly amusing) and a day out in Sydney

For general discussion about Seahorse and cross-dressing/trans issues. Also, any topics of general or topical interest may be posted here.
Forum rules
You can post almost any topic here that would not fit comfortably into any other forum.
Always maintain decorum in the forum! Use temperate, respectful language and please avoid put-downs or abusive comments.
Christine Parker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

I got read: No.2 (mildly amusing) and a day out in Sydney

Postby Christine Parker » July 12th, 2017, 12:21 pm

A few days ago I was having a day out at Tuggerah. I stopped for coffee and cake. A couple in their 30's were at a nearby table. I noticed the woman lean forward and whisper something to her male partner, who then glimpsed in my direction, only to meet me looking at them. He immediately averted his eyes and looked embarrassed for staring at me. I gave him a smile that said: "Yes, your partner is right I am trans, but I'm not uncomfortable about being read."

Yesterday, I travelled to Sydney from Newcastle on the train, not my first train trip as a woman, but certainly my longest. I went to Sydney to catch up with my brother, who was one the first family members to whom I came out, 10 years ago. We have been out together in dozens of cafes, bars and restaurants since then. He is very comfortable with me, as he is an inner-city gay man and openly refers to me as his sister.

The train trip was uneventful, except the train had to be re-routed because of a fatal accident in Strathfield. It I was late getting to Sydney. My brother lives within walking distance of Central. We had lunch at his favourite cafe, where I have been before, then for a glass of wine at a pub in Surrey Hills (trendy area now).

The train trip each way was comfortable and I had a couple of brief interactions with other women on the train.
Christine Parker
Seahorse Webmistress and Forum Administrator.
http://www.seahorsesoc.org/christine.html
Rhonda
Baroness
Baroness

Re: I got read: No.2 (mildly amusing) and a day out in Sydney

Postby Rhonda » July 13th, 2017, 2:53 pm

I've had similar encounters whilst dressed and just ignore them and only been on short train rides, I haven't been game to go any distance due to not being able to escape any unwanted attention and also worried I might get read by a fellow employee.
Roberta_Jay
Viscountess
Viscountess

Re: I got read: No.2 (mildly amusing) and a day out in Sydney

Postby Roberta_Jay » July 19th, 2017, 8:16 pm

Roberta has been to the Toowoomba blood bank again. Her 3 monthly visit to give away the good red stuff that they need. She donates under her male name and they all know her now. One of the Nurses knew the male version years ago when she worked out in the west. Roberta does not care. Nor do the nurses. We all have a good time and they get their blood but the last two times there has been no fruit cake to eat afterwards and I only go for the fruit cake. Yes I put in a complaint. But I have a nice day out 300 kms from home.

Return to “General Forum”