August meeting

For general discussion about Seahorse and cross-dressing/trans issues. Also, any topics of general or topical interest may be posted here.
Forum rules
You can post almost any topic here that would not fit comfortably into any other forum.
Always maintain decorum in the forum! Use temperate, respectful language and please avoid put-downs or abusive comments.
tarawb
Queen
Queen

August meeting

Postby tarawb » August 26th, 2017, 11:15 am

Hi Peeps,

It was good catching up with everyone last night. I had not been attending meetings earlier in the year as I have breathing issues and was dealing with depression which basically meant it was a safety issue for me to travel down to Sydney alone. Last night after the meeting I had problems going home however with new technology I was able to stop just outside of Sydney for an hours sleep and then continue my drive home without any further problems.

I have talked to Maggie this morning and she had a wonderful time last night and enjoyed talking to new people. Maggie, my wife and I will be catching up outside of our meetings prior to the last meeting for a girly day.

One of the issues that I did discuss last night was toilet issues, it should be a state issue however the federal government has gotten involved in overriding states rights. We have a program safe schools coalition which is designed to protect queer kids at school. The program educates school staff on how to deal with issues. One of its topics is transgender toilet rights. Well our politicians, media, religious groups and bigots got together to remove funding from safe schools program, create a new program that has a lot of queer issues removed and totally misses trans issues.

For a trans student to now get support in schools they need permission from a parent or guardian and they also need to be outed to their fellow class students. We have removed professional counselors from schools and replaced them with untrained religious education volunteers. These volunteers have minimal training from even the church and as you know this would not be a great source of support for a queer student. you can use your imagination and fill in the blanks.

Following on from that issue we all should know the American Alliance Defending Freedom is now operating in Australia, they are a world wide gay and trans hate group who fund legal action against our rainbow family. They like getting involved in trans toilet issues in America. So please do not take it for granted that as trans individuals we will always be able to use the toilet matching our gender identity. Just as laws can be created they can also be undone and we have a trans hostile state government who would not think twice to rip up any trans rights.

The best comment on twitter yesterday is that I am being paid by activist groups in America to raise queer issues in Australia. I shall add that to my totally awesome yearly wage that I spent last night on dinner before the meeting

Hugs Tara
tarawb
Queen
Queen

Re: August meeting

Postby tarawb » August 26th, 2017, 11:21 am

On a totally off topic area this is a photo I took and posted to facebook, I have made it public for everyone to see https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1574854652819273&set=a.1425130627791677.1073741826.100008842605530&type=3&theater
tarawb
Queen
Queen

Re: August meeting

Postby tarawb » August 27th, 2017, 1:03 pm

I think someone in Sydney thinks I got lucky on my way home from Seahorse, I was on the back seat to sleep and had to lock the car with the keys and turn on auxiliary power on the ignition switch. When I was finished I climbed over the seats to turn off the power and get the keys to open the doors as opening the doors with the car alarmed will set off the alarm. Needless to say someone drove past as my bum was in the air. Hopefully they had a good look.

I will need to add a power outlet in the car for next month.

Return to “General Forum”