Wigs

Various useful resources that have been recommended by Seahorse members.
Forum rules
Please limit posts to any cross-dressing resources, such as recommended businesses, websites, articles, or the like.
Always maintain decorum in the forum! Use temperate, respectful language and please avoid put-downs or abusive comments.
Jodie
Viscountess
Viscountess

Wigs

Postby Jodie » January 30th, 2017, 12:42 pm

Hi all am about to place an order for my first wig, any tips on how much and what brands to go for. I want something nice and realistic mid length. Thanks.
lauren
Princess
Princess

Re: Wigs

Postby lauren » February 2nd, 2017, 10:55 am

hi Jodie I have 2 wigs both purchased from the breastform store I have a short burgundy and I have a shoulder length burnette ..both henry margu...I like the brunette it puts a fair bit of hair around my face which softens my male look...and I have another from celebrity wigs the carol mono burgundy in colour but don't really wear that anymore...my next wig will probably be a human hair wig which I will get professionally cut and fitted,big bucks but worth it
Kate
Granduchess
Granduchess

Postby Kate » February 2nd, 2017, 2:08 pm

Synthetics are fine for your first wig and it will help you decide what sort of style and colour suits without blowing a mountain of money.

Generally brunette with a hint of either burgundy or lighter blond is a good starter option. It will be easy to blend etc. Avoid strong colours e.g. blonds / blacks / bright reds as they are MUCH harder to pull off and generally just scream "I've got a wig on". Don't got long, just below shoulder length will give you enough to work with, you don't want 2-2.5 foot of hair flapping around in the wind. A soft curl is also probably the best for blending, most women have a soft curl in their hair unless they straighten it and they will only do that if they are going out on a date / to an event. Similarly don't do a tight curl, VERY 80's and screams "wig" from 200m away.

NB: Christine / Dana, I've got an old Brunette synthetic shoulder length wig that haven't used for over 2 years now. It was reasonable quality when I bought it (around $200 I think) so would be fine for someone as a starter. Do you have an address I can post it too and you ladies can rehome it as you see fit?
Jodie
Viscountess
Viscountess

Postby Jodie » February 2nd, 2017, 5:13 pm

Thanks for the replies I have found a wig called a ken pave Jessica simpson bob wig. They only have Mocha colour left and its on special. I'm thinking that might be an ok colour and length though?
Kate
Granduchess
Granduchess

Postby Kate » February 2nd, 2017, 8:27 pm

Mocha is a good colour. Bob should be fine. How much?
Dana
Granduchess
Granduchess

Postby Dana » February 2nd, 2017, 10:45 pm

Kate, you can send the wig to our Boronia Park PO Box and we will be able to rehome it for you.

Dana
Jodie
Viscountess
Viscountess

Postby Jodie » February 3rd, 2017, 9:38 am

Kate wrote:Mocha is a good colour. Bob should be fine. How much?

On special $49 down from 100
Kate
Granduchess
Granduchess

Postby Kate » February 3rd, 2017, 2:03 pm

Jodie
Yeah, it's worthwhile blowing $50 on it. Even if you end up not using it that much then you can wear it to a dress up them night or something. I bought a fringe hair piece a little while ago then changed my hair colour and I've never worn it so that was a waste of $30 but hey, thee things happen.

Dana
??Exact address?? i.e. PO box number etc!
Dana
Granduchess
Granduchess

Postby Dana » February 4th, 2017, 6:10 am

Kate, it is the address on our website

Seahorse Society of NSW
PO Box 2193, Boronia Park, NSW 2111
Christine Parker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Postby Christine Parker » February 4th, 2017, 10:54 am

Here is our Wig page in the Resources Section of the website:
http://www.seahorsesoc.org/resources/guide/5.html
Christine Parker
Seahorse Webmistress and Forum Administrator.
http://www.seahorsesoc.org/christine.html

Return to “Resources Forum”