what to do with that wig

Various useful resources that have been recommended by Seahorse members.
Forum rules
Please limit posts to any cross-dressing resources, such as recommended businesses, websites, articles, or the like.
Always maintain decorum in the forum! Use temperate, respectful language and please avoid put-downs or abusive comments.
lauren
Princess
Princess

what to do with that wig

Postby lauren » February 2nd, 2016, 12:31 pm

I was just thinking would it be ok to use hair product on synthetic wigs,eg..hairspray or a style gel..and does it stayput for the evening , I have a mousey kinda coloured henry margu shoulder length and a burgundy shorter wig that I purchased from celebrity wigs,i just wouldn't wont to damage them,because I love my wigs...I wash them regulary in warm water with a little shampoo and there fine.....regards..lauren
Dianne
Duchess
Duchess

Re: what to do with that wig

Postby Dianne » February 2nd, 2016, 7:18 pm

Hi Lauren
My hairdresser does wigs for stage productions and told me it was ok to use hairspray so long as it was lacquer free and it sounds like you have the care part nailed
Christine Parker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Postby Christine Parker » February 2nd, 2016, 8:16 pm

It has been a lot of years since I wore wigs, but my memory is that you should use a spray specially made for acrilic wigs rather than ordinary hairspray. If you have a human hair wig, then ordinary hair-spray would be OK.
Christine Parker
Seahorse Webmistress and Forum Administrator.
http://www.seahorsesoc.org/christine.html
lauren
Princess
Princess

Postby lauren » February 2nd, 2016, 8:30 pm

thanks Dianne and Christine for your input , but does anyone use a styling gel on there wigs..ive used tresemme volume & lift mousse is this ok....or maybe I should just wash it out afterwards

Return to “Resources Forum”