Just joined again

New to the Forum or to Seahorse? Introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Always maintain decorum in the forum! Use temperate, respectful language and please avoid put-downs or abusive comments.
kelly
Baroness
Baroness

Just joined again

Postby kelly » January 28th, 2016, 6:35 am

Hi everyone I'm Kel

This is not my first time of joining the board or seahorse, i'm sure i'm not alone in saying i've struggled with this all my life,embracing my other half then gathering up my collection of clothes and throwing everything away only having to go out a buying it or in the case when I was a child raiding the local clothing bins or my neighbours clothes lines, which I'm sure many of you can associate with.
Well i'm again but this time I hope I can make some connections that will keep me on track as its a lonely road on your own, my story is everyone's greatest fear, I was out one night minding my own business dressed as a young woman 20 years ago when I turned a corner when I was confronted by two lebanese /middle eastern me who made me straight away for not being a woman, they called me back but I ran and they chased me down like a pack of dogs a
immediately launching into a fear attack I got myself up and ran trying to jump some fencing to try to put some distance between myself and them but it wasn't too be they got me again and through me over a wall onto concrete backing my neck leaving me a Quadriplegic.
I'm back because I am at breaking point it's been 20 years since i've dressed as a woman and i'm going stir crazy is there a few people who are willing to help me find the clothes I need today as I have no idea of my size these days show me how to use makeup to look the part and go out on the road for a drive eventually working up to walks in the park and more public, lingerie was a big part of my crossdressing and I would like to reexplore it,does anyone know of anyone or a few people who can help me.
Trust is going to be paramount so I would want to meet people the members of seahorse actually know and who will vouch for, as I am now 42 my tastes in clothes has matured i'm a big fan of ragoshapewear.com as I love the classic look and hate the ruffs associated with the sissy look for it feels cheap i'm sure I might of offended someone there which I apologise if I have I just want people to know who I am, I live with my elderly mother still.às half of my family abandoned me mum did not although those who stayed have never spoken about it and I guess don't want to.
If you want to help me find myself again I would be very grateful, I live in western Sydney near St Mary's if anyone's close and would like to meetup for a chat

Kel

Keel.
Dana
Granduchess
Granduchess

Re: Just joined again

Postby Dana » January 28th, 2016, 3:35 pm

Hi Kel,

What a dreadful thing to happen, as you say everybodies worst nightmare.

I'm not particularly out that way, but hopefully somebody on the forum is?

Are you able to get around a bit to visit somebody who may be able to help?

Dana
Dana
Granduchess
Granduchess

Postby Dana » January 28th, 2016, 5:28 pm

And, of course, i should have welcomed you back to the forum.

Dana
Christine Parker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Postby Christine Parker » January 28th, 2016, 11:25 pm

Hi Kelly

When did you join previously? Was it under the name "Kelly". The reason that I ask is that a quadraplegic person applied to join a few years ago, but never got back to me. It was under another name, however.

I have not received an application from you to join Seahorse - (not just the forum)
Christine Parker
Seahorse Webmistress and Forum Administrator.
http://www.seahorsesoc.org/christine.html
Christine Parker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Postby Christine Parker » January 28th, 2016, 11:37 pm

If you wish to join Seahorse and attend meetings, apply for membership using this link:
http://www.seahorsesoc.org/join.html

By the way our meeting hall is wheelchair/disabled friendly with an entry ramp and a disabled bathroom.
Christine Parker
kelly
Baroness
Baroness

Re: Yes that Wass me

Postby kelly » January 29th, 2016, 5:17 pm

kelly wrote:Hello everyone, yes Christine. that was me but as Becky since then i've started using a more gender neutral name of Kelly or Kel for short, I use a power wheelchair but I am trying to modify a nice looking manual wheelchair by looking for electric hub powered wheels as all the beautiful women I've googled in wheelchairs, high heels and dresses are sitting in sporty manual wheelchairs

Who would think of a wheelchair as a fashion accessory but it is what it is I have been thinking of this day so long time, has anyone seen the group I started on meetup.com some time ago In Sydney there's over 50 members now but they have yet to organise a meetup as typing is a real struggle for me i let someone else take control of it maybe someone here may want to join it and invite them along to a seahorse meeting.
I'll chat some more tomorrow
misstri
Countess
Countess

Postby misstri » January 30th, 2016, 8:28 am

I'm awfully sorry you had to go through that , you deserve so much better . Yes I have to admit to raiding the neighbours cloths line as well . I have to hope someday humanity will leave hate and violence behind . I'll be coming to meetings beginning April sometime .... Mmm April sounds like a nice name , hope to see you there . I don't do make up , but I rock a mini skirt with suspenders and stockings . :). Havnt mastered the art of high heels but am willing to take instruction :).
Love is universal , without it happiness is impossible
kelly
Baroness
Baroness

Postby kelly » January 30th, 2016, 6:14 pm

Hello again and thank you.
Before the attack I had one other Scarry incident with a guy who grabbed me again at night and at Parramatta, if anyone ever has a gut feeling act on it as I actually had a premintion of being attacked and ending up in a wheelchair weeks before it happened for being dressed as a woman
Freaky

Kel.
misstri
Countess
Countess

Postby misstri » January 31st, 2016, 9:35 am

Powerful message there kel , ty for passing it on . I believe the spirit/soul of a person lives beyond time and space and is able to function as a guide for us , but we have to be aware and willing to listen to the quiet . Not so easy to do in the busy world we live in .
Love is universal , without it happiness is impossible
Christine Parker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Postby Christine Parker » January 31st, 2016, 10:53 am

While violence towards trans-women is often reported in the media, it is uncommon and there are ways of reducing the risks considerably.

I have never been assaulted or even verbally abused. Yes, I have been given some dirty looks on rare occasions.

How can I remain safe going out at night dressed as a woman?

• Try to organise to go out with other people, so that you are not on your own.
  • Try to travel directly to and from the venue, either in your own car or in a taxi.
  • Avoid known "hot spots". Avoid places or situations that could put you in a compromising position.
  • Try not to dress in a sexually suggestive or inappropriate manner.
  • Do not drink to excess and avoid other drugs. By staying alert and having a clear mind, your judgment should help you to stay safe.
  • Take your mobile phone with you.
  • Simply be careful and be streetwise.

What can I do if I am confronted by someone?

This can happen very ocassionally, but luckily, not very often. Remember that every time you go out, it is unlikely that not too many people will notice you. Most people are going about their business; paying bills, remembering shopping lists, going to appointments etc. Most of them are too involved with themselves to notice you. You may get the occasional knowing stare, but rarely more than that.

Sometimes you will get approached by another person whilst you are cross-dressed. Most people who muster up the courage to approach, are simply curious. Just act as though you were in male mode and were approached by someone. Be pleasant and talk as naturally as you can. They are probably just as nervous as you, they would not know what your reaction could be.

If, however, you are approached in an aggressive manner, this calls for a slightly different response. do not react with aggression, this only inflames the situation. Smile, shrug it off, walk away from the scene. Move away from the person and towards other people. You should find that this will defuse the situation and the aggressor (not willing to appear foolish or threatening in public) will move on.

A previous Seahorse member told me that she was assaulted in Oxford St. An aggressive, intoxicated woman made an abusive comment towards her, so she told this woman to "feck off", which provoked a punch in the face. No, she should not have been spoken to like that, but she should have ignored the drunk and just walked away. Remember that women can be just as aggressive as men when intoxicated.

Source:http://www.seahorsesoc.org/faq.html
Christine Parker

Return to “Introductions Forum”